Monday, June 19, 2017

Japanese Evel Knievel



I'm back from Mego Meet and I bring many virtual presents in the form of the sights I encountered there. Let's start with this, a Popy Evel Knievel stunt set or as they dubbed it "The Evel Knievel Challenge Machine".

I had to do some Guerilla photography on this one because it had just been sold! Fortunately the purchaser was a good egg and let me mess with it before he took it home. More after the (Snake Canyon) jump!



I couldn't take the whole set out as it was carefully wrapped but this is totally different Evel figure than the ideal set, Popy made him about an inch shorter for some reason. I assume the bike is also scaled down.



The odd thing is, the box is GINORMAS, it feels way bigger than the US set. I don't totally get that but also, it's a really cool design.



I personally don't collect EK toys but this was weirdly tempting. Glad somebody purchased it to be honest, this was directly next to me.



More goodies all week!

More Daredevil stunt goodness.
evel knievel comic book1975 evel knievel catalog1976 Evel Knievel Catalog Ideal Scare Cycles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the original Ideal bike set back in the 70's. Recently I purchased a reproduction set made by Poof Slinky named the Daredevil Stunt Set. Its made by the same molds apparently as the original.

Unknown said...

Thank is totally a cool Rare Evel Knievel Set. Total unheard of to see a set like this one too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin