Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Greatest Catalog Page Ever (to me)





It seems fitting to end a month of Wish Book pages with what I consider the greatest one ever. From Monkey Wards 1976, the Mego Superheroes battling the Lincoln Monsters.

It's not my favourite because of childhood (we didn't have Wards in Canada) but when I was a teen tracking down my childhood monster friends, I could never find them. In the pre-internet days of collecting, I'd plow through toy shop or comic buyers guide and get people trying to sell me AHI and Mego monsters but I knew they weren't right. 

Then I started buying old catalogs from a collector (that's a story in itself) and bam! first page I opened, there they were. That was 1989, it only took me 23 years to finish the set....


More on the Lincoln Monsters:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin