Thursday, November 08, 2012

Bat Lab


The mobile Bat Lab by Mego is one of those "I missed a meeting as a kid moments" as I have virtually no memory of this item. As far as I know, I never saw it in a store, nor on television, despite friends telling me they had it growing up and it definitely was sold in Canada. 

When I first saw this, it was through the eyes of a cynical pr- teen, who immediately thought it esoteric and goofy. While the image of Batman rolling around in a VW Bus, getting high and catching criminals like some sort of vigilante Jeff Spicoli is infectious, I bet I would have loved this as a kid.

Of course, I own one now....


top ten cooolest 70s Batman toys

The Mobile Bat Lab made into this list The Top Ten Coolest 70s Batman Toys.

5 comments:

Muscato said...

I remember this! Didn't own one, but my best friend Jay did. I really only remember it because of the villain-catching-bucket/net-thing. Our villain was mostly one of his sister's Skipper dolls, and it fit perfectly over her head.

Steve said...

I remember seeing it in a Christmas catalog in the mid-70's. And yes, the bucket is what I remembered.

Retro Hound said...

I remember the commercial, the catalog, and I really wanted one. A friend of mine had one, but he lived too far away and I only got to play with it once.

said...

As a kid I wanted one of these SOOOOO bad... it still hurts...

At least I got my MEGO Green Arrow

Forgotten Films said...

I had one of these...also saw the American Pickers find one on one of their episodes

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin