Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Choice is Yours!


fashion choices

Here you have it gents, 1979 presented you with either the one piece jumpsuit made from lightweight "Poplin" (wasn't that a girls toy line from the eighties?) or the classic double knit polyester leisure suit and fellas, you can get it in lime green or sky blue! I don't think I could make that important decision, I'd just curl up into a ball on the floor of my shag carpeted, walk in closet and rock back and forth....



More of me dept : With the upcoming "Dark Knight" movie now one month away (I'm all pins and needles being more of a DC guy), I wrote a piece for humour site Topless Robot entitled The Top Ten Batman Figures That Make Even Batman & Robin Seem Reasonable that is up today. It's an examination of some of the more strange pieces of apparal Batman has worn in the name of merchandising......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I worked for mail-order retailer Haband (they advertise in AARP and Sunday's Parade mag alot), we used to sell poplin slacks. I didn't know what it meant then, and I still don't. We used lots of cool fashion materials/terms like poplin, gabardine, pincord, guayaberra, sansabelt, etc.

As for the Batman article - nice job. The RoadRunner line was killer.

chunky B said...

Love the Batman article, I wasn't aware of the Slalom Racer Batman, I kinda like that one... anyway tough call on the suits, I guess you could go for one piece comfort for the casual weekends and the two piece for the evenings prowl'en the town!

Anonymous said...

I'll take the silver fox in the sky blue rooowwl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin