Monday, January 14, 2008

Care for a Jelly Baby?

tom baker play costume

I was scanning the catalog from a UK company called Berwick when I came upon this neat-o Tom Baker Doctor Who play costume and I thought it deserved blog attention.

Like a lot of 70's Canadian kids, I was watching Doctor Who on TVO from the time I could talk. The first con I attended was a Who one at the tender age of 15, so I have a real soft spot for vintage Who merchandise.

I have to give Berwick props for not putting the Doctor's face and the Tardis largely on the smock as Ben Cooper would have likely done.

4 comments:

tjo' said...

Ah, the convention. I only ever made it to the one, but it gave me stories for a lifetime. Anytime i get into a nerd contest with someone, they say, "oh yeah - well i went to a Trek convention" and that's when i drop the big bomb on 'em...

tjo' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arkonbey said...

Tom Baker, arguably the best Doctor.

Funny, it's really not hard to make your own T.B. Dr. costume.

Swinebread said...

What a great Psycho Killer mask!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin